Channing Memorial Church offers a beautiful setting for your wedding. The Victorian Sanctuary, built in 1880, has ornately carved woodwork and is decorated with beautiful stained glass windows. Channing welcomes couples of all faiths & religious backgrounds. Below is information we believe will be helpful in planning your special day.
Please call 401-846-0643, or contact Michele Dubuc, our Wedding Coordinator & Office Administrator, by "Clicking Here"
- Channing Memorial Church is Unitarian Universalist. It was built in 1880 to honor William Ellery Channing, the founder of Unitarianism in America.
- We welcome couples of all religious backgrounds, and those desiring a same gender wedding.
- The center aisle length is 72 feet; it is approximately 58 inches wide (pew end to pew end).
- There are 22 rows of pews on each side and seating capacity for approximately 400 persons.
- The church does not have air conditioning.
- The restrooms are located in the Parish Hall, directly behind the church.
- $2100 Payable to Channing Memorial Church ($200 deposit with signed contract to secure your wedding date/time; $1900 due 3 months prior to ceremony.) This fee includes the use of the Church, Wedding Coordinator Services (Our Wedding Coordinator, Michele Dubuc, will be here to assist with the processional) and Sexton Services
**Please note, this does not include parking, musician or officiant fees. These fees may be discussed with and paid directly to the person you select.
Officiant/Minister: Couples are responsible for hiring an officiant or minister to perform their ceremony.We recommend using Rev. Lark d’Helen, our community minister, who performs most wedding ceremonies at Channing Memorial Church. You may contact her directly. PHONE: (401) 497-4073; EMAIL:
Music: Janet Grant is our Director of Music. Please contact Janet with questions regarding your ceremony music at: 401-423-0515, or by email at
- You may also contact Janet Grant if you are interested in hiring a Chimer to ring our historic William Blake bells for your ceremony.