CHANNING MEMORIAL CHURCH offers a beautiful setting for your wedding. The Victorian Sanctuary, built in 1880, has ornately carved woodwork and is decorated with beautiful stained glass windows. Channing welcomes couples of all faiths & religious backgrounds. Below is information we believe will be helpful in planning your special day.
Please contact our Wedding Coordinator at 401-846-0643 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Channing Memorial Church is Unitarian Universalist. It was built in 1880 to honor William Ellery Channing, the founder of Unitarianism in America.
- We welcome couples of all religious backgrounds, and those desiring a same gender wedding.
- The center aisle length is 72 feet; it is approximately 58 inches wide (pew end to pew end).
- There are 22 rows of pews on each side; seating capacity is approximately 400 persons.
- The church does not have air conditioning.
- Restrooms are located in the Parish Hall, directly behind the church.
- $2100 Payable to Channing Memorial Church ($200 deposit with signed contract to secure your wedding date/time; $1900 due 3 months prior to ceremony.) This fee includes the use of the Church, Wedding Coordinator Services (Our Wedding Coordinator, Michele Dubuc, will be here to assist you with the rehearsal and the processional) and Sexton Services.
**Please note, this does not include musician, parking, or officiant fees.
Music: Janet Grant is our Director of Music. Please contact Janet with all questions regarding your ceremony music at: 401-423-0515, or by email at email@example.com
Officiant/Minister: Couples are responsible for hiring an officiant or minister to perform their ceremony. Non-Unitarian Universalist ministers or non-ordained individuals who are legally permitted to perform a wedding in Rhode Island, of the couple’s choosing, are welcome. Channing Memorial Church’s minister, Rev William Zelazny, is often available, and the Wedding Coordinator can also provide the names of local ministers who are in association with the church.